Platelet rich Plasma
About Platelet Rich Plasma
Platelet Rich Plasma (Prp) therapy is a treatment involving the components of the clients’ own blood to rejuvenate their skin. Many products these days use substances in creams and lotions called “growth factors”. With PRP you are using your own blood and therefore your own growth factors to heal targeted areas. The process involves extracting the person’s blood, then centrifuging it to separate the Red blood cells and the Platelet Rich plasma.
PRP is used in the cosmetic industry to rejuvenate your skin, heal problematic skin (i.e. acne) and stimulate hair growth. This process is effective because it reduces the risk of your skin reacting and causing allergic reactions or irritation. The plasma is applied to the face via injection or micro-needling.
PRP FOR JOINT PAIN
This treatment is also used to heal and repair damaged cartilage, muscles, tendons and ligaments. The therapy works to treat joint pain resulting from inflammation after an acute injury, chronic degenerative joint disease, ligament and muscle injuries, tendonitis (tennis and golfers elbow or early partial tendon tears).
General recommendation for prevalence of Cosmetic PRP treatment:
- It is recommended that the client receives three sessions of PRP therapy.
- Each session must be one month apart for the benefit of better results.
- Annual top-up sessions are also suggested
The difference between PRP and other mainstream treatments:
- More natural and less harmful, therefore the patient is less at risk from allergic reactions
- Doesn’t reduce the movement of the muscle of facial expression
- Although takes longer to show, the results are better and they last longer
Although PRP is available as a cosmetic treatment, it can also be used to treat things like chronic pain and hair loss.
General PRP is used as a healing process for things such as:
- Degenerative knee conditions
- Muscle tears
- Ligament and tendon injuries
- Rotator cuff
- Gynaecological conditions
If you have any questions or inquiries, call our clinic now
Your clinician will ensure that you receive the best possible care.